My very first quilt-along!
I had an idea…
The idea was to create a sampler quilt using a piece of each of the 13 quilts included in
“Dresden Quilt Workshop”,
my little Dresden plate book with C&T Publishing.
This collection is absolutely perfect with it’s 5 1/4″ stripes in a plethora of colors!
I was able to show my sampler to Jen Kingwell at fall market.
I loved how excited she was when she saw it!
Circulus & Lollies Sweet is a quilter’s rainbow!
It’s the perfect fabric collection because:
- The stripes will accommodate the Tiny Dresden background squares (5″ x 5″)
- …and the Tiny & Mini Dresden petals, etc.
- There are 8 different stripe prints in each fabric.
- There are 6 different stripe fabrics in the collection.
So, it’s like getting 40 different fabrics in the stripe fabrics alone!!!
Then there are the dots:
- 10 beautiful colors!
- I used fat 1/4’s which are perfect for the bigger blocks’ backgrounds.
The perfect collection for a sampler.
Then there is the “Authentic” fabric that I used for the “Quilts” applique
& Kona solid black for the binding to hold it all together.
I love this quilt and I think you will too, that’s why I decided to host a quilt-along.
So, “how will it work” you ask???
Every week for 26 weeks I’ll present a block(s) or section of the sampler quilt.
It’s a very do-able schedule considering I made the whole top in less than a month.
And you have to realize half of that time was probably deciding which fabrics to put where!!!
If you want to follow mine exactly, that will save you a lot of time for sure, Lol!
After selecting your fabrics, each week you’ll go to your “Dresden Quilt Workshop” book pages,
as instructed by my blog post, to cut & sew the block(s).
It’ll be fun & relaxed.
When it starts:
First week, August 8, 2018. (click link to go to first week’s starting step, then every Wednesday to follow for 26 weeks.)
Last week, January 30, 2019.
What it’s all about:
You’ll need Dresden Quilt Workshop to participate in this free quilt-along.
Paper templates are included in the book, but the plastic templates will make the cutting much quicker & more accurate.
Next, gather the supplies as outlined on page 9, then quilt along with me each week.
Dresden Quilt Workshop and I will help you make this beautiful quilt.
I’ve created a Facebook Group, Dresden Quilt Workshop, where we can share progress together.
Steps included in the process:
- Making Tiny (4 1/2″ finished) & Mini (9″ finished) Dresden plates
- Fusible web applique, just 1 block
- General piecing such as flying geese & half-square triangles
Where to get the book, Dresden Quilt Workshop:
If your local shop isn’t selling the book & templates you can have them contact me for information.
You can also find them (& the notions) on my website here:
I also have a limited number of fabric kits:
The kit includes the same fabrics that I used for my quilt.
- Fabric for the top & binding, over 9 yds.
- A free spool of Sulky 30 wt. Medium Taupe thread. This is the same thread that I used to sew my quilt.
The kits are $122 + shipping.
Fabrics & Supplies necessary:
If you want to use different fabrics you’ll need the equivalent of:
- 10 fat 1/4’s & 40 fat 1/8’s for the quilt top (approx. 8 1/2 yds.)
- 1/4 yd. for “Quilts” letters
- 1/2 yd. for binding
- 1/2 yd. fusible web
- And the supplies as described in the Perfect Tools for Perfect Little Petals chapter starting page 9.
A prize will be available to everyone who joins in and sews as instructed every week.
The joy of creating…
& a beautiful quilt created by you.
Isn’t that enough?
I may have some incentive prizes along the way,
but you’ll have to quilt along with me to find out ;)
Please email me or leave a comment if you have any questions.
Won’t you come quilt with me?
Gather your supplies so we can get started!
Just Keep Sewing…