Back in May, just in time for spring market in Pittsburgh, I got the brainy idea to design a series of
REALLY TINY seasonal quilts to fit a tiny,
Ackfeld Wire 6 x 6 frame.
I wanted to use my new Tiny Dresden Template,
& I wanted the quilts to be seasonal, one for each month.
Within a week, I had the samples ready to go to market (in hind sight, that was the easy part)
but then once market was over came the task of creating the twelve patterns!
- more testing
- sending files
- ordering buttons & charms
- measures 6″ x 8″
- incorporates hand embroidery with perle cotton thread
- uses Tiny Dresden petals that make a seasonal design
- button(s) or charm included in pattern
- $7.50 ea. retail per pattern
- fabric kits available $8.00 (limited supply)
- extra button kits available $2.00 per month
With the exception of the hand embroidery & the binding,
every step was done on my sewing machine
even sewing on the buttons & making the label,
which I’ve included instructions for!
are available on my website now &
hopefully at your local quilt shop soon!
If you’re a shop & would like to carry my patterns,
send me an email or visit
Checker or United Notions.
Now you know how I spent my summer!
Presently I’m working on more ways to use my fun
Tiny Dresden Template…
Until next time,